Monday 8 July 2013

2 Ingredient Pizza Dough - so easy and delicious!


Now here is a recipe that I'm happy to say is cheap easy and delicious - which are my three favourite things in a recipe ;)

I've seen other 2-ingredient recipes around on the internet and suggested on Pinterest, and when I saw this one, I just had to try it.  It's just so simple.  This pizza dough doesn't need proofing, and just involves mixing and kneading the ingredients (all 2 of them!), and then voila, ready for toppings and the oven.  I've done it twice this week, I think I'm addicted:

2-Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe

1 cup self-raising flour (with a bit extra for kneading)
1 cup greek yoghurt


And that's all you need!  First, in a mixing bowl, pour in the yoghurt and the flour.  Mix with a spoon until it is doughy, and sprinkle a bit of flour on it to keep it from being too sticky.  Place the dough on a floured surface (with floury hands!).  Be careful to keep the outside of the dough very floury, as it gets quite sticky and will make your hands and the surface a mess if you're not floury enough.

Knead the dough gently for about 5 minutes, adding flour and working it.  This is a good time to preheat the oven to about 200 degrees C.


Press and stretch out the dough into the shape and thickness you want.  I have a pizza stone to place it on - add your toppings and taadaa!  Into the oven it goes for 20 minutes or so.

I have cooked it for 20 minutes at 200 degrees, but I have a feeling I could cook it either longer or at a higher temperature.  I'd like to get the crust a bit more crispy, it's a bit of a doughy and soft recipe.  But delicious and worth the time saved in making a more complicated recipe!


The first time I made it I used mozzarella, basil and chili oil as toppings (with tomato paste too of course).  Last night was red onion and a strong cheddar cheese - yum yum!

Try it out and tell me how you like it!  Do you know any other 2 ingredient recipes?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! I will definitely try it out! :) - Cat

    ReplyDelete